GATE 2017 Admission, Notification, Exam Pattern, Online Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility
GATE 2017 Admission @ www.gate.iitr.ernet.in is published the official notification to apply online from 1st September 2016. Candidates Can Check GATE 2017 Notification, Gate 2017 Important Dates, Exam Dates, GATE 2017 Eligibility, IITR, IIT Roorkee, Gate 2017 Online Application Form, Document Required, Application Fees, Exam Pattern For Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering Apply online at official website gate.iitr.ernet.in.
Information About Gate 2017 Admission
Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination, which demonstrated surprisingly an exhaustive comprehension of the different Undergraduate Materials Engineering and Technology is every one of the a trial of India that tests the primary extensive comprehension of the diverse materials designing and innovation undergrad.
Official Website: www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
GATE 2017 is booked on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2016 at different focuses all over India. Door (Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an all India examination for admission to M.Tech, M.E in IITs, NITs, and GFTIs and in numerous private Universities. The GATE is directed by IIT’s. This year GATE will be planned by IIT Roorkee.
GATE 2017 Application Form
For the most part examination held directed from a week ago of January-February. Quantities of hopefuls show up for this examination consistently. Here is a latest news for those candidates who are preparing for the IIT Exam or GATE Exam. The IIT Roorkee has recently published a notification for applying the Online Application for the GATE Exam 2017. Candidates can visit the official website of the IIT to fill the application form 2017.
GATE 2017 Exam For Engineering
Candidates can read the notification of the GATE Exam and according to the eligibility criteria they can apply the Application Form of the GATE Exam. The Online application Procedure will start in the September month. Candidates can get more information about anything related to the GATE or IIT at the official website of the IIT.
GATE 2017 Information, Details & Eligibility Criteria
- Name of Organization: IIT Roorkee
- Name Of Exam: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Category: Application Form
- Official site : gate.iitr.ernet.in
- Registration Start: 1st September 2016
- End Of Registration: 4th October 2016
Educational Qualifications For GATE 2017:
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five year course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree of Four-year programme in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/ AICTE as equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech. Those who have completed Section-A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
- Candidates must have Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programme.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programmes.
- Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programmes.
- Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five year Integrated B.Sc./ M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programmes.
Online Or through e-Challan via State Bank of India or Axis Bank (additional Bank Charges may apply).The Application Fee shall be non-refundable.
- For General/OBC Candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- For Women candidates: Rs. 750/-
- For SC/ST Candidates: Rs. 750/-
|Paper Name||Paper Code||Paper Name||Paper Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology & Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture & Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
Question Paper *XE & *XL Paper Section Code
|Paper Name||Paper Code||Paper Name||Paper Code|
|*XE Paper Sections||Paper Code||**XL Paper Sections||Paper Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||H|
|Polymer Science & Engineering||F||Food Technology||M|
Gate 2017 Exam Pattern:
The examination will be conducted as Computer Based Test. There will be total 22 papers in GATE. The examination will be conducted online. There will be total 65 questions in the GATE. The examination will be of total 100 marks. 55 questions will be based on the core subjects and engineering mathematics. These 55 questions will be of total 85 marks and rest 10 questions will be of total 15 marks. The examination will be divided into two parts:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- These type of questions will be of total 1 or 2 marks. Each question will have four options and out of them you have to choose the correct.
- Numerical Answer Questions
These types of questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. Candidates need to answer by using the virtual keypad. There will be no options provided for this section. The Exam will consists of MCQ Questions and Numerical questions. The answers to the Numerical questions are to be calculated by using the online virtual calculator. The exam will be conducted in online mode. There is a penalty of 0.33 marks for 1 mark questions and 0.66 marks for 2 marks questions. There will be no negative marking for numerical questions.
Note: Negative Marking
For a wrong Answer chosen and submitted for an Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions by the candidates, there would be Negative Marking. There would deduction of Marks as follows:
- For 1 Mark Multiple Choice Questions 1/3 (One-Third) Mark shall be deducted
- For 2 Mark Multiple Choice Questions 2/3 (Two-Third) Mark shall be deducted
- No Negative Marking for Numerical Answer Type Questions
GATE 2017 Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Online Application : 01-09-2016
- Last date for submitting form: 4-10-2016
- Last date for Changes : 16-11-2016
- Defected Application : November, 2016
- Admit Card Issue Date : 05-01-2017
- Online Gate Exam date: 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2017
- Result Declaration: 27-03-2017
How To Apply Online For GATE 2017 Exam
- Firstly visit the official website that is www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
- Now you can access the homepage of official website.
- Click on official notification & download and read the instruction
- Now click on the GATE 2017 Application Form link
- Click on the link and open it
- Now fill the various details and click on the submit button
- Now Pay the application fees
- At last take a print of the application form for further use